UPDATE – Multiple blasts rock Afghan capital, 6 dead

UPDATES WITH DEATH TOLL, PRESIDENT’S CONDEMNATION</p> <p>By Shadi Khan Saif</p> <p>KABUL, Afghanistan (AA) – At least six people were killed and close to 30 others wounded in multiple explosions in the Afghan capital Kabul on Thursday, the country’s Health Ministry said.</p> <p>Baseer Mujahed, a spokesman for the Afghan National Police in Kabul, told Anadolu Agency IED blasts rocked the Karta-e-Sakhi neighborhood in west Kabul during the Nevruz celebrations marking the beginning of spring.</p> <p>Earlier, Mujahed had said two people got killed and over a dozen more were injured in these blasts. However, the Ministry of Public Health later revised the death toll to 6 and injury toll to 29.</p> <p>There has been no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack. The local Tolo News reported that roadside IEDs and mortar shells were used in the attack.</p> <p>President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani has condemned the attack, saying: “The militants have once again demonstrated their hostility towards peace and tranquility of the Afghan people.”</p> <p>Last year, a suicide bombing killed 29 people in the same vicinity also during the Nevruz celebrations.

ALATURKA AİLESİ ÜYELERİ NE DİYOR?