Trump administration complicit in Saudi crimes: Report

            By Umar Farooq</p>  <p>WASHINGTON (AA) - U.S. President Donald Trump's administration is complicit in the ongoing bombing campaign in Yemen led by Saudi Arabia, The Washington Post said Wednesday.</p>  <p>Trump recently vetoed a resolution aiming to end U.S. support for the Saudi-led war, claiming it would weaken his status as commander-in-chief and that Washington's support for Saudi Arabia &quot;does not amount to engaging in hostilities&quot;.</p>  <p>&quot;In reality, the Saudi bombing campaign would be unsustainable without that U.S. support, or the continuing sale of bombs and other material,&quot; the Post's editorial board said in an opinion piece.</p>  <p>&quot;That makes the Trump administration complicit in the continuing atrocities, such as the latest school and hospital bombings,&quot; it said.</p>  <p> Since March 26, the Saudi-led coalition has bombed a hospital in the district of Kitaf and a school in the country's capital, Sanaa, according to the newspaper.</p>  <p>The strikes left at least 21 civilians dead, at least 12 of them children.</p>  <p>Saudi Arabia has been leading a coalition against Yemen's Houthi rebels since 2015, when Riyadh and its Sunni-Arab allies launched a massive air campaign aimed at rolling back Houthi gains that began in 2014.</p>  <p>The campaign has devastated Yemen’s infrastructure, including its health and sanitation systems, prompting the UN to describe it as one of the worst humanitarian disasters of modern times.</p>  <p>Last year, a UN investigation found that these attacks could possibly amount to war crimes.</p>  <p>      <p>The Post's editorial board noted that Congress needs to look for other ways to force a change in U.S. policy toward the government led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, “whose record of extraordinary recklessness in foreign policy has been matched by unprecedented domestic repression”.</p>  <p>It said the ideal approach would be to address both issues, which are intertwined, and this is the strategy of a bipartisan Senate bill. In addition to suspending arms transfers to the kingdom until it ends its campaign in Yemen, the bill seeks to force accountability for the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist.</p>  <p>Khashoggi was murdered last October after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.</p>  <p>Saudi Arabia initially denied any knowledge of his whereabouts. But following a rising number of contradictions in its narrative, it sought to blame the journalist's death on a botched rendition operation being carried out by rogue agents.

"Handing a free pass to the crown prince after U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded he was responsible for the Khashoggi murder would be an invitation to further atrocities," it said.

The Post said that while the bill has a good chance of passing, the Republican leadership, including Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman James Risch, has not yet allowed a vote.

GÜNDEM ÖZETİNE EK

  • Türkiye Cumhurbaşkanı Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Anayasa Mahkemesi Yüce Divan Salonu'nda düzenlenecek Anayasa Mahkemesi'nin 57. Kuruluş Yıl Dönümü Programı'na katılacak.

  • Cumhurbaşkanı Erdoğan, Cumhurbaşkanlığı Külliyesi'nde eski AB Komisyonu Başkanı Jose Manuel Barroso, güven mektubu sunacak Dominik Cumhuriyeti Büyükelçisi Jorge A. Mastropietro, Arjantin Büyükelçisi Elias R. Seruelle ve Kırgızistan Büyükelçisi Kurbanychbek Omuraliev ile MİT Başkanı Hakan Fidan'ı ayrı ayrı kabul edecek.

(Ankara/10.30/12.00/15.30/16.15/17.00/18.00)

UNHCR evacuates 325 refugees from Libyan capital

            <p>By Beyza Binnur Donmez</p>  <p>ANKARA (AA) - The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) evacuated 325 refugees from the Qasr bin Ghashir detention center on the southern outskirts of Libya’s capital Wednesday amid deteriorating security and escalating violence.</p>  <p>The relocation was carried out following reports Tuesday of armed violence against the detainees, who were protesting conditions at the center, the UNHCR said in a statement.</p>  <p>&quot;The dangers for refugees and migrants in Tripoli have never been greater than they are at present,&quot; said Matthew Brook, UNHCR Deputy Chief of Mission in Libya.</p>  <p>&quot;It is vital that refugees in danger can be released and evacuated to safety,&quot; he added.</p>  <p>The refugees have been transferred to another detention facility in Azzawya, northwestern Libya, where they are at reduced risk of being caught up in the hostilities and were provided with key aid items and medical care, according to the statement.</p>  <p>More than 825 refugees have been evacuated in the past two weeks from different detention centers near the conflict zones.</p>  <p>The UN has also expressed concern for some 3,000 refugees and migrants who remain in detention centers in Tripoli.</p>  <p>In early April, Khalifa Haftar, commander of forces loyal to Libya’s eastern government, launched a campaign to capture Tripoli, where the rival UN-recognized Government of National Accord (GNA) is headquartered.</p>  <p>Intermittent fighting near Tripoli has left scores of people dead.</p>  <p>The UN has expressed fear that this new conflict will create another migration crisis.</p>  <p>Libya has remained beset by turmoil since long-serving leader Muammar Gaddafi was ousted and killed in a bloody NATO-backed uprising in 2011.</p>    Since then, the country has seen the emergence of two rival seats of power: one in eastern Libya, to which Haftar is affiliated, and another in Tripoli, which enjoys UN recognition.

Aracıyla kaçan Suriyeli şüpheli kovalamaca sonucu yakalandı

İZMİR (AA) – İzmir'in Buca ilçesinde polisin "dur" ihtarına uymayarak aracıyla kaçan Suriye uyruklu şüpheli kovalamaca sonucu yakalandı.

Buca İlçe Emniyet Müdürlüğü ekipleri, Doğuş Caddesi'nde şüphe üzerine 35 MA 3717 plakalı hafif ticari aracı durdurmak istedi.

İhtara uymayan sürücünün araçla kaçmaya çalışması üzerine polis havaya uyarı ateşi açtı. Ekipler kaçan aracı takibe alırken, gidebileceği güzergahlarda da kapama noktası oluşturuldu.

Kovalamaca sırasında aracının bir lastiğinin patlamasına rağmen kaçmaya devam eden şüpheli, bir süre sonra Kazım Karabekir Mahallesi'ndeki ara sokakta yakalandı.

Suriye uyruklu ismi öğrenilemeyen sürücü, polis ekiplerince gözaltına alındı.

Öte yandan, kovalamaca sırasında iki polis otosu kaza yaptı. Ekip otosundaki bir polis memuru hafif şekilde yaralandı.

112 Acil Servislerince Buca Seyfi Demirsoy Hastanesine kaldırılan polis memurunun hayati tehlikesinin bulunmadığı öğrenildi.

Belgium, Turkey have over $11 billion trade volume

            By Ata Ufuk Seker</p>  <p>BRUSSELS (AA) – Belgium’s trade volume with Turkey totals nearly 10 billion euros ($11.156 billion), its foreign minister said Wednesday.</p>  <p>Speaking at a conference in Brussels, Didier Reynders said the two countries should work together, especially in the areas of the economy, a customs union and investment.</p>  <p>Reynders also said he expects a meeting between Turkey and Belgium under the Joint Economic and Trade Committee (JETCO), which has not occurred since 2013, will take place in Ankara later this year.</p>  <p>He stressed that Turkey’s presence in the European Council is &quot;very important&quot;.</p>  <p>Turkish Ambassador to Belgium Zeki Levent Gumrukcu said Turkey sees Belgium &quot;as an ally, a partner and a friend&quot;.</p>  <p>*Writing by Beyza Binnur Donmez</p>  <p> 

Fas'ta sözleşmeli öğretmenlerin oturma eylemine müdahale

RABAT (AA) – Fas'ın başkenti Rabat'ta, sözleşmeli öğretmenlerin gerçekleştirdiği oturma eylemine polisin müdahalesi sonucu bazı öğretmenler yaralandı.

Sözleşmeli öğretmenlerin kadroya alınma talebiyle meclis binası önünde 3 gün önce başlattığı oturma eylemine, polis tazyikli su kullanarak müdahalede bulundu.

Müdahale sırasında bazı öğretmenlerin yaralandığı belirtildi, ancak sayı verilmedi.

Öğretmenler, oturma eyleminin yanı sıra "Sözleşmeye Zorlanan Öğretmenler Ulusal Koordinasyonu"nun çağrısıyla Rabat'ta 3 günden bu yana yürüyüşler düzenliyordu.

Sözleşmeli öğretmenler, Eğitim Bakanlığı ile varılan anlaşmanın ardından 6 hafta boyunca devam ettirdikleri grevi, 13 Nisan'da sona erdirmiş ancak pazartesi günü yeniden gösterilere başlamıştı.

Fas hükümeti, 2016'da öğretmenler için iki yılda bir yenilenen sözleşmeli çalışma programı uygulamasına geçmişti.

Danimarka şirketi Batı Şeria'daki yatırımlardan çekilmek istiyor

KOPENHAG (AA) – Danimarka'da emeklilik hizmetleri sunan Velliv şirketinin, İsrail'in işgal ettiği Batı Şeria'da faaliyet gösteren şirketlerdeki hisselerini devretmek için çalıştığı bildirildi.

İnformation gazetesinin, Danimarka'nın en büyük 17 emeklilik sandığının yatırımları ile ilgili yaptığı haberde, emeklilik sandıklarından bazılarının, Birleşmiş Milletler'in (BM) insan haklarına, Ekonomik İşbirliği ve Kalkınma Örgütü'nün (OECD) ise çok uluslu şirketlere yönelik kurallarına aykırı davrandıklarını tespit ettiği, Batı Şeria'da faaliyet gösteren 11 şirketi kara listeye aldığı aktarıldı.

Haberde, 17 emeklilik sandığının, kara listeye aldığı 11 şirketten 9'una toplam 509 milyon kron (447 milyon lira) yatırım yaptığına dikkat çekildi. Yatırım yapılan şirketlerin Motorola Solutions, Bank Leumi, Bank Hapoalim, Mizrahi Tefahot Bank, Cemex, Heidelberg Cement, İncitec Pivot, İnnophos Holding ve Bezeq olduğu kaydedildi.

Emeklilik hizmetleri sunan Danimarka merkezli PKA ve Velliv şirketlerinin, 509 milyon kronluk yatırımın yüzde 80'ini gerçekleştirdiği belirtildi. Gazeteye açıklamada bulunan PKA yetkilileri, kara listedeki şirketler ile ilgili karar vermek için uzman raporu beklediklerini bildirdi.

Velliv şirketinden yetkililer ise gazeteye yaptığı açıklamada, kara listede yer alan şirketlerdeki yatırımlardan çıkmak için çalışacaklarını ifade etti.

Ailesiyle tartıştı evini yaktı

ADANA (AA) – Adana'da ailesiyle tartıştıktan sonra oturduğu evi yakan kişi, polisin ikna çabalarına rağmen evden çıkmayınca alevlerin arasından itfaiye ekipleri tarafından kurtarıldı.

Alınan bilgiye göre, merkez Seyhan ilçesi Sakarya Mahallesi'nde bir kişinin ailesiyle tartıştığı ve oturduğu evi ateşe verdiği ihbarı üzerine olay yerine polis ekipleri sevk edildi.

Olay yerine ulaşan ekiplerin evde yalnız olduğunu belirledikleri F.Ç'nin ikna çabalarına rağmen haneden çıkmaması ve alevlerin yükselmesi üzerine olay yerine itfaiye ekibi gönderildi. Polis, bu sırada diğer evleri, yangının sıçrama ihtimaline karşın tahliye etti.

Kısa sürede olay yerine gelen itfaiye ekipleri, alevleri söndürerek F.Ç'yi evden çıkarttı.

Dumandan etkilendiği belirlenen F.Ç, itfaiye ekipleri tarafından ambulansa hastaneye götürüldüğü sırada, kendisini görüntüleyen gazetecilere saldırdı. İlk müdahalesi ambulansta yapılan F.Ç, Çukurova Devlet Hastanesi'ne kaldırıldı.

Olayla ilgili araştırma yapan ekipler, alkol ve madde bağımlısı olduğu belirtilen F.Ç'nin karısı ve annesiyle tartıştıktan sonra onları ölümle tehdit ettiğini, ardından evi ateşe verdiğini tespit etti.

F.Ç'nin yakınlarına zarar vermiş olabileceğini değerlendiren ekipler, yangının ardından yaptıkları araştırmada evde herhangi bir olumsuzluk olmadığını, annesinin ve karısının bir yakınlarının evine gittiğini belirledi.

Gambia: Former junta leader admits to illegal killings

            <p>By Mustapha K Darboe</p>  <p>BANJUL, Gambia (AA) -  A former member of Gambia’s military junta that seized power in a bloodless coup on July 22, 1994 confessed Wednesday to directing the executions of soldiers accused of being the ringleaders of a foiled counter-coup in November that year.</p>  <p>Sanna Sabally admitted his involvement before the Truth, Reconciliation and Reparations Commission investigating the human rights violations of former President Yahya Jammeh.</p>  <p>“I accept responsibility because I was the commander,” said Sabally.</p>  <p>On Nov. 11, 1994, around a dozen soldiers were arrested for organizing a counter-coup. They were reportedly lined up and shot point blank.</p>  <p>Sabally told the commission that they executed the soldiers because it was a battle for survival, but he also admitted that the orders to kill them came from Jammeh.</p>  <p>When asked by a member of the commission whether the Geneva Convention should have been applied regarding their treatment of the counter-coup plotters, Sabally said the international standard has no relevance in theaters of war.</p>  <p>His appearance is seen as a major victory for the commission. </p>  <p>Sabally was the second most high-profile member of the Armed Forces Provisional Ruling Council, the military government that was formed after the coup.</p>  <p>He was also the most feared person during the early days of the July 22 military takeover. His convoy had reportedly tortured people and shot at their car tires for not leaving the road quickly as he passed.</p>  <p>Sabally admitted responsibility to nine such incidents of torture that occurred under his command and apologized to the victims.</p>  <p>One victim was Alo Bah, a female food vendor who was reportedly shot by a guard of Sabally’s convoy. Sabally openly apologized to Bah before the commission.  </p><br>

Başakşehir’de iki kamyonet çarpıştı: 1 yaralı

İSTANBUL (AA) – Başakşehir’de iki kamyonetin çarpışması sonucu meydana gelen trafik kazasında 1 kişi yaralandı.

Alınan bilgiye göre, TEM otoyolu Edirne istikameti Yarımburgaz mevkinde C.B.’nin kullandığı 34 DT 6842 plakalı meyve yüklü kapalı kasa kamyonet ile M.Y.’in yönetimindeki 33 FZ 334 plakalı sebze yüklü kapalı kasa kamyonet çarpıştı. Kazada arkadaki kamyonetin sürücüsü C.B. araç içinde sıkıştı.

İhbar üzerine olay yerine polis, 112 Acil Sağlık ve itfaiye ekipleri sevk edildi.

İtfaiye ekipleri, kazada yaralanan C.B.’yi sıkıştığı yerden çıkartarak sağlık ekiplerine teslim etti. Sağlık ekipleri, ilk müdahalesinin ardından yaralıyı hastaneye kaldırdı. Diğer kamyonetin sürücüsü ise kazayı yara almadan atlattı.

Kaza nedeniyle aynı istikamette yol bir süre araç trafiğine kapatıldı. Kazaya karışan araçların yoldan kaldırılması ve belediye ekiplerinin temizlik çalışmasının ardından yol tekrar araç trafiğine açıldı.