By Can Erozden
ANKARA (AA) – Mercedes team's British driver Lewis Hamilton won the Russian Grand Prix, which was the 16th race of the 2018 FIA Formula One World Championship on Sunday.
The race was held in Russian city of Sochi on a 5,848-kilometer (3,634-mile) long track.
Hamilton completed the contest in one hour, 27 minutes and 25 seconds.
His teammate Valtteri Bottas finished the race 2.5 seconds after Hamilton as Bottas took the second place in Sochi.
Ferrari's German driver Sebastian Vettel finished third.
With this victory in Sochi, Hamilton won his eighth Grand Prix this season and increased his points to 306 in driver standings with five races to spare.
In driver standings, Hamilton was followed by Vettel having 256 points and Bottas was in third spot with 189 points.
The upcoming Grand Prix will be held in Japan on October 7.
– Russian Grand Prix's Top 10 drivers:
1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
2. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
3. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
5. Max Verstappen (Red Bull-TAG Heuer)
6. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull-TAG Heuer)
7. Charles Leclerc (Alfa Romeo Sauber)
8. Kevin Magnussen (Haas-Ferrari)
9. Esteban Ocon (Force India-Mercedes)
10. Sergio Perez (Force India-Mercedes)
– 2018 Driver Standings:
1. Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain): 306 points
2. Sebastian Vettel (Germany): 256
3. Valtteri Bottas (Finland): 189
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland): 186
5. Max Verstappen (Netherlands): 158
– 2018 Constructor Standings:
1. Mercedes: 495 points
2. Ferrari: 442
3. Red Bull -TAG Heuer: 292
4. Renault: 91
5. Haas: 80