Trump'tan Demokratların muhtemel Başkan adayı hakkında açıklama

WASHINGTON (AA) – ABD Başkanı Donald Trump, 2020'de ABD'de yapılacak Başkanlık seçimlerinde Demokratların adayı olması beklenen Senatör Elizabeth Warren hakkında, “Ülkemizi Venezuela’ya çevirir.” değerlendirmesinde bulundu.

Trump, gelecek Başkanlık seçimlerinde Demokratların adayı olarak kendisine karşı yarışması beklenen Massachusetts Senatörü Warren hakkında gazetecilere açıklama yaptı.

Demokrat partinin saygın isimlerinden biri olarak kabul edilen Warren'in kendisiyle yarışmasını umduğunu belirten Trump, “Umarım Başkanlık için yarışır, çünkü çok kolay bir rakip olacaktır. Umarım yarışır. Zor olacağını hiç düşünmüyorum." dedi.

Trump, Warren'in ülkeyi mahvedeceğini ileri sürerek, "Ülkemizi mahveder. Ülkemizi Venezuela’ya çevirir.” ifadelerini kullandı.

Senatör Elizabeth Warren, ABD'de 2020'de yapılacak Başkanlık seçimleri için Demokratların muhtemel adayları arasında yer alıyor.

Advertisements

Amerikalı Senatörden “Suudi Arabistan” açıklaması

WASHINGTON (AA) – ABD’nin Illinois eyaleti Senatörü Dick Durbin, gazeteci Cemal Kaşıkçı'nın kaybolmasının Suudi Arabistan yönetiminin “aşırıcılığına bir örnek” olduğunu belirterek, "Suudi Arabistan’ı güvenebileceğimiz bir müttefik olarak değerlendirmemeliyiz. Kendisini eleştirenleri susturuyorlar." dedi.

Senatör Durbin, CNN televizyon kanalına yaptığı açıklamada, İstanbul’daki Suudi konsolosluğuna girdikten sonra kendisinden haber alınamayan gazeteci Cemal Kaşıkçı ve Washington- Riyad ilişkileri hakkında değerlendirmelerde bulundu.

Suudi Arabistan'ın Washington Büyükelçisi Prens Halit bin Salman bin Abdulaziz’in kendisini telefonla aradığını aktaran Senatör Durbin, "Suudi büyükelçi, Kaşıkçı soruşturmasına ABD’nin dahil olmasını istemediklerini bildirdi." ifadesini kullandı.

Durbin, Kaşıkçı olayının Suudi Arabistan yönetiminin “aşırıcılığına bir örnek” olduğunu vurgulayarak, "Suudi Arabistan’ı güvenebileceğimiz bir müttefik olarak değerlendirmemeliyiz. Kendisini eleştirenleri susturuyorlar ve (Kaşıkçı olayı) bildiğimiz en sıra dışı olay. Fakat biz şimdi bu konu hakkında ne yapacağız? İlişkileri normal bir şekilde devam mı ettireceğiz? Daha fazla otel yaptırıp, silah mı satacağız? Umarım farklı bir adım atarız.” diye konuştu.

ABD'nin, Yemen’de savaş, kıtlık ve ölümlerden sorumlu Suudi yönetimini desteklediğini belirten Durbin, "Yarın desteği çekmemiz gerekir.” dedi.

Durbin, ABD Başkanı Donald Trump yönetiminin acil bir şekilde Suudi Arabistan’a verdiği desteği çekmesi ve ekonomik yaptırımlar uygulaması gerektiğini kaydetti.

Trump, ABD'de bazı senatörlerin, Suudi Arabistan'a askeri yardımların kesilmesi yönündeki çağrılarına karşılık, "Böyle bir adım bizi yaralar." ifadesini kullanmıştı.

Suudi reformistler için önemli bir platform olan Al Watan gazetesine katkı veren ve Batı medyasında Ortadoğu ile ilgili haberleriyle tanınan Cemal Kaşıkçı, 2 Ekim'de resmi işlemler için Suudi Arabistan'ın İstanbul Başkonsolosluğuna girdikten sonra ortadan kaybolmuştu.

Trump says 'rogue killers' may have murdered Khashoggi

By Michael Hernandez

WASHINGTON (AA) – U.S. President Donald Trump suggested Monday Saudi Arabia may not be behind the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Trump instead raised the possibilities that "rogue killers" may have gotten to the Saudi journalist after speaking with Saudi King Salman earlier in the morning.

"We are going to leave nothing uncovered," Trump told reporters at the White House. "The king firmly denies any knowledge of it. He didn’t really know, maybe, I don’t want to get into his mind but it sounded to me like maybe it could have been rogue killers, who knows? We’re going to try get to the bottom of it very soon but his was a flat denial."

The president announced he is sending Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to Riyadh to meet with the Saudi monarch.

Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist and columnist for the Washington Post newspaper, has gone missing since he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2.

On that same day 15 other Saudis, including several officials, arrived in Istanbul on two planes and visited the diplomatic building while Khashoggi was also inside, Turkish police sources said.

All of the identified individuals have since left Turkey.

Saudi authorities have yet to give a clear explanation of Khashoggi’s fate, while several countries — particularly Turkey, the U.S., and the UK — are pressing for the case to be cleared up as soon as possible.

Trump said that during his call with Salman the royal issued an unequivocal denial of any knowledge of Khashoggi's disappearance.

"His denial to me could not have been stronger that he had no knowledge. And it sounds like he and also the crown prince had no knowledge," he said, referring to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman.

Trump has been facing increasing pressure from lawmakers who are asking him to hold Saudi Arabia to account if the country was behind Khashoggi's abduction or killing.

UPDATE – Trump sending Pompeo to meet Saudi king about Khashoggi

ADDS STATE DEPARTMENT STATEMENT IN GRAFS 3-4

By Michael Hernandez

WASHINGTON (AA) – U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is being dispatched to meet Saudi King Salman about the disappearance of missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi, President Donald Trump said Monday.

"Just spoke to the King of Saudi Arabia who denies any knowledge of whatever may have happened 'to our Saudi Arabian citizen,'" Trump said on Twitter. "He said that they are working closely with Turkey to find answer. I am immediately sending our Secretary of State to meet with King!"

The State Department confirmed the travel announcement, saying that Pompeo will leave for Riyadh Monday.

"The President has called for a prompt and open investigation into the disappearance of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi," the State Department said in a statement.

Turkish diplomatic sources told Anadolu Agency earlier Monday a Turkish-Saudi joint probe at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul is imminent after Khashoggi went missing after being last seen there Oct. 2.

The investigation is set to start Monday evening Turkey time, said the sources, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on speaking to the media.

Also on Oct. 2, 15 other Saudis, including several officials, arrived in Istanbul on two planes and visited the consulate while Khashoggi was still inside, Turkish police sources said. All of the identified individuals have since left Turkey.

Saudi authorities have yet to give a clear explanation of Khashoggi’s fate, as several countries — particularly Turkey, the U.S., and the U.K. — are pressing for the case to be cleared up as soon as possible.

*Umar Farooq contributed to this story

Trump sending Pompeo to meet Saudi king about Khashoggi

By Michael Hernandez

WASHINGTON (AA) – U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is being dispatched to meet Saudi King Salman about the disappearance of missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi, President Donald Trump said Monday.

"Just spoke to the King of Saudi Arabia who denies any knowledge of whatever may have happened 'to our Saudi Arabian citizen,'" Trump said on Twitter. "He said that they are working closely with Turkey to find answer. I am immediately sending our Secretary of State to meet with King!"

Turkish diplomatic sources told Anadolu Agency earlier Monday a Turkish-Saudi joint probe at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul is imminent after columnist Jamal Khashoggi went missing after being last seen there Oct. 2.

The investigation is set to start Monday evening Turkey time, said the sources, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on speaking to the media.

Also on Oct. 2, 15 other Saudis, including several officials, arrived in Istanbul on two planes and visited the consulate while Khashoggi was still inside, Turkish police sources said. All of the identified individuals have since left Turkey.

Saudi authorities have yet to give a clear explanation of Khashoggi’s fate, as several countries — particularly Turkey, the U.S., and the U.K. — are pressing for the case to be cleared up as soon as possible.

Trump Mattis'in kalıp kalmayacağından emin değil

WASHINGTON (AA) – ABD Başkanı Donald Trump, Savunma Bakanı James Mattis'in göreve devam edip etmeyeceğiyle ilgili, "Onunla çok iyi bir ilişkimiz var, kendisi iyi bir insan. İyi anlaşıyoruz ancak kendisi ayrılabilir, yani bir noktada herkes ayrılabilir." değerlendirmesini yaptı.

Trump, Amerikan CBS kanalında yayımlanan "60 Dakika" programında, kabinesindeki görev değişikliklerine ilişkin açıklamalarda bulundu.

Mattis'in ayrılıp ayrılmayacağına ilişkin görüşü sorulan Donald Trump, James Mattis'in görevine devam edip etmeyeceğiyle ilgili konuda kapıyı açık bıraktı.

ABD Savunma Bakanı'nın kendisine "görevden ayrılmak istediği" şeklinde herhangi bir niyet beyanında bulunmadığını kaydeden Trump, "Onunla çok iyi bir ilişkimiz var, kendisi iyi bir insan. İyi anlaşıyoruz ancak kendisi ayrılabilir, yani bir noktada herkes ayrılabilir. Burası Washington, insanlar görevlerinden ayrılır." şeklinde konuştu.

– "Kendisi biraz Demokrat"

Mattis'le ilgili, "Doğruyu bilmek isterseniz sanırım kendisi biraz Demokrat" ifadesini kullanan Donald Trump'ın yorumları, Amerikan kamuoyunda "Mattis ayrılabilir" şeklindeki tartışmaları da yeniden alevlendirdi.

Öte yandan Trump, kabinesindeki bazı isimlerden memnun olmadığını dile getirdi.

İsim vermek istemeyen ABD Başkanı Trump'ın bu değerlendirmesi, kamuoyu önünde sık sık eleştirdiği Adalet Bakanı Jeff Sessions'la ilgili bir yorum olarak değerlendirildi.

Ünlü Amerikalı gazeteci Bob Woodward'un "Korku: Trump Beyaz Saray'da" adlı kitabında, Mattis'in Trump'ı ciddi şekilde eleştirdiği iddiasına yer verilmiş ancak daha sonra hem Trump hem de Mattis kitaptaki ilgili iddiaları reddetmişti.

Saudi vows to ‘hit back’ at sanctions over Khashoggi

RIYADH (AA) – Saudi Arabia on Sunday vowed to hit back against threats or sanctions imposed over the disappearance of veteran journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Khashoggi has gone missing since he entered the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2.

On Saturday, U.S. President Donald Trump threatened Riyadh with “severe punishment” if Khashoggi has been murdered.

“The Kingdom affirms its total rejection of any threats and attempts to undermine it, whether by threatening to impose economic sanctions, using political pressures, or repeating false accusations,” the official SPA news agency quoted an official source as saying.

“The Kingdom also affirms that if it receives any action, it will respond with greater action,” the source added.

On the same day Khashoggi arrived at the consulate, 15 other Saudis, including several officials, arrived in Istanbul on two planes and visited the building while the journalist was also inside, police sources said. All of the identified individuals have since left Turkey.

Saudi authorities have yet to give a clear explanation of Khashoggi’s fate, while several countries — particularly Turkey, the U.S., and the U.K — are pressing the case to be cleared up as soon as possible.

Trump'tan yeni “Kaşıkçı” açıklaması

WASHINGTON (AA) – ABD Başkanı Donald Trump, Suudi gazeteci Cemal Kaşıkçı'nın akıbeti ile ilgili araştırmalarını sonuna kadar sürdüreceklerini belirterek, "Konuştuğumuz kişi bir gazeteciydi. Eğer durum anlatıldığı gibiyse bu gerçekten çok berbat ve kötü bir durum. Biz bunun sonuna kadar gideceğiz ve bunun ağır cezası olacak." dedi.

ABD Başkanı Trump, Amerikan CBS kanalına verdiği mülakatta Kaşıkçı'nın kaybolmasına ilişkin açıklamalarda bulundu.

Kaşıkçı'nın akıbetini henüz tam olarak bilemediklerini ve Suudi tarafıyla yaptıkları görüşmelerde iddiaların reddedildiğini aktaran Trump, Kaşıkçı'nın Suudiler tarafından öldürüldüğüne yönelik iddialara ilişkin, "Eğer durum böyleyse bu bizi çok kızdırır. Yakın bir gelecekte elimizde bir yanıt olacaktır." diye konuştu.

– "Askeri anlaşmalar devam etmeli"

Kaşıkçı hakkındaki mevcut iddiaların doğru olması durumunda kendi yönetiminin ne tür yaptırımlar getireceğine ilişkin soruya yanıt veren Trump, Riyad ile yaptıkları askeri anlaşmaların devam etmesini istediğini bir kez daha vurguladı.

"Bu siparişleri almak isteyenler var. Rusya var, Çin var, biz varız." diyen Trump, Suudi yönetimiyle yaptıkları 110 milyar dolarlık silah satım anlaşmasının devam etmesi gerektiğine inandığını belirtti.

– "Cezası ağır olacak"

Trump, iddiaların doğru olması halinde Suudi Arabistan'ı cezalandırmanın başka yollarının da olduğuna işaret ederek, "Konuştuğumuz kişi bir gazeteciydi. Eğer durum anlatıldığı gibiyse bu gerçekten çok berbat ve kötü bir durum. Biz bunun sonuna kadar gideceğiz ve bunun cezası ağır olacak." dedi.

ABD Başkanı Trump, dün yaptığı açıklamada, Kaşıkçı'nın akıbetiyle ilgili Suudi Arabistan Kralı Selman bin Abdulaziz ile görüşeceğini bildirmişti.

Suudi Arabistan, Türkiye ve ABD'nin olayla ilgili çalışmalarını sürdürdüğünü aktaran Trump, "Bu, potansiyel olarak gerçekten çok kötü bir durum. Neler olacağını göreceğiz." ifadelerini kullanmıştı.

Suudi reformistler için önemli bir platform olan Al Watan gazetesine katkı veren ve Batı medyasında Ortadoğu ile ilgili haberleriyle tanınan Kaşıkçı'dan, 2 Ekim'de resmi işlemler için Suudi Arabistan'ın İstanbul Başkonsolosluğu'na girdikten sonra haber alınamamıştı.

Erdogan: Judiciary made impartial decision on Brunson

By Diyar Guldogan

ANKARA (AA) – The Turkish judiciary's decision on Friday to release American pastor Andrew Brunson was an impartial one, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan told his U.S. counterpart.

"Dear Mr. President @realDonaldTrump, as I always stress, the Turkish judiciary made an impartial decision," Erdogan wrote on Twitter Saturday.

Erdogan also said he hopes Turkey and the U.S. will continue the cooperation that both allies deserve, adding that the countries are carrying out "joint efforts against terrorist groups, particularly the PKK, Daesh, and FETO."

The president's remarks came in response to Trump thanking him on Twitter for Brunson's release, saying: "I would like to thank President @RT_Erdogan for his help!"

Rebuffing media claims of a deal to release the pastor, Trump also tweeted: "There was NO DEAL made with Turkey for the release and return of Pastor Andrew Brunson.”

He added: "There was, however, great appreciation on behalf of the United States, which will lead to good, perhaps great, relations between the United States & Turkey!"

Brunson was arrested in December 2016 and charged in the Aegean province of Izmir with being a member of the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO), the group behind a defeated coup earlier that year.

After being transferred from jail to house arrest this July, Brunson on Friday was sentenced to just over three years in prison, but released due to time served and his good behavior in custody.

The charges against him included spying for both FETO and the PKK, a group recognized as terrorist by the U.S. and EU which is responsible for some 40,000 deaths in Turkey, including women and children.